The Head Football Coach role is a full-time position in conjunction with a Teaching Assignment. The Head Coach is responsible for teaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. Works closely with student athletes to develop good character on and off the field.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience as a head football coach, preferred, or five years as an assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Experience working with students with Learning Differences preferred.
- Knowledge of Learning differences preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Collaborate with Strength & Conditioning Coordinator in developing a program to increase each athlete’s individual growth.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the Athletic Director & Assistant Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to assistant coach(es) as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Determine individual player overall team abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.