Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning in the sport of football.
- Responsible for supervision of all students involved in the program and ensuring the safety of participants on and off the field.
- Instills teamwork, a competitive spirit and good sportsmanship among all team members.
- Models good character in a way that is clearly viewed by all team members and coaches.
- Responsible for ensuring equal educational opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Ensures that all coaches and athletes adhere to all rules of MIAA.
- Monitor academic climate of all players and closely monitor eligibility of all players throughout the season.
- Maintain clear and transparent communication with the Athletic Director.
- In-depth, comprehensive knowledge of football and its rules.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful experience as a head or assistant football coach in high school or college.
- Experience playing varsity football in high school and/or college preferred.
- CPR and First Aid experience preferred.
South Middlesex Regional Voc. School District (AKA Joseph P. Keefe Technical School) is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.