The position reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for all aspects of the football program including discipling and mentoring student-athletes, public relations, scheduling, travel, budget, hiring and management of assistant coaches that includes three full-time staff, and the preparation, planning and strategy necessary for a highly competitive football program.
- May teach a maximum of 4 classes in assigned department.
- Evaluate individual student athletes and develop a coaching plan that takes student-athletes from their point of need to their full potential.
- Work closely with high school, and middle school coaches to build program and develop coaching plans.
- Develop individual and team skills through well planned training and positive reinforcement.
- Communicate proactively with student-athletes and parents/guardians as appropriate regarding expectations, camps, practices, and game schedules.
- Supervise student-athletes before and after practices / games.
- Issue equipment and uniforms to student athletes, ensuring all equipment is maintained properly and uniforms are returned at the end of the season.
- Attend all games (both home and away) continuing through the conclusion of any post-season tournament(s) in which the team participates.
- Knowledge of Scripture and its application to all of life, particularly pedagogy, school community, and physical education and coaching.
- Bachelors degree in Exercise Science or instructional content area.
- High school head coaching (DII_AA) and/or collegiate coaching experience.
- Ability to exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential and sensitive student/family matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A heart to share the gospel and positively influence young athletes.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certification.