Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, guide athletes towards the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
- Ability to obtain CHSAA certification requirements.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- A desire to continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the sport.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Develop and present a policy on lettering to supervisors for review and approval prior to the first season's contest.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques that will be taught.'
- Operate within budget appropriations and participate in the budgeting function with the athletic director by establishing requirements for the current and next season.
- Recommend equipment guidelines as to type, style, color, or technical specifications, be accountable for all equipment, and collect the cost of any equipment lost or not returned.
- Arrange for the issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment and submit annual inventory and current records concerning same.
- Meet with parents and participants prior to the start of the sport season.