- Student athlete recruitment – Ability to identify prospective student athletes, assess talent and build relationships.
- Coaching – Ability to plan practices, teach strategy, advance individual skills, enhance strength and conditioning, scout opponents and engage in video review with individuals and team; ability to motivate individuals and team in pursuit of top performance.
- Player development – Ability to provide academic support and personal mentoring through individual and team meetings.
- Fundraising – Ability to plan alumni and fan events and cultivate donor relations
- Day to day operations/transactions – Ability to manage budgets within allocated parameters, complete administrative transactions in a timely manner; engage in departmental communication with various staff to support program and student athletes.
- Technology system management – Ability to use technology effectively in communication and teaching including filming, editing and film exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Evidence of football coaching ability.
- Understanding of comprehensive duties of collegiate coaching.
- Valid driver’s license.
Minnesota West Community & Technical College is an equal opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity.