High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum 2 years' experience in coaching football as head coach or 3 years' experience as assistant football coach at varsity level preferred
Sport First Aid and CPR Certification preferred;
Participation in football at the high school, collegiate or professional level(s) preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is also required.
Excellent interpersonal and organization skills;
Leadership and supervisory skills necessary; dependable and reliable a must.
Involvement in professional development activities designed to improve his or her skills coaching football strategies, football tactics or football techniques preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to teach football techniques, football rules, football strategies and playing tactics.
2. Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation and responsibility to team members.
3. Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote long hours and weekends to the football program.
4. Conducts a pre-season and post season football conditioning program.
5. Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
6. Ability to accurately assess the talents and abilities of team members.
7. Ability to promote athletes to college recruiters.
8. Participate in a successful recruitment program
9. Ability to display competency in coaching philosophy, knowledge of PIAA rules and regulations, and NCAA Student- Athletic Eligibility requirements.