Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. Confluence Preparatory Academy utilizes off site facilities for both practices and games.
- Attends organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and makes suggestions to head coach on assignment to team positions.
- Implements a regular practice schedule that provides practice time for both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, safety, and character development needed to succeed.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.