Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of five of coaching experience is required. Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain high quality student-athletes with potential for academic and athletic success. Master’s degree preferred.
- Responsibilities: The successful candidate will lead all aspects of a high level NCAA Division II football program. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Supervise and manage all football operations including, but not limited to, roster management, travel operations, purchasing, budget management, and fundraising.
- Work closely with support staff including athletic training and strength and conditioning for peak performance of the student-athletes.
- Lead and manage assistant coaches including ongoing performance management reviews.
- Organize, plan and conduct safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
- Produce quality teams capable of a consistent high finish in NSIC and NCAA.
- Positively represent NSU at national, regional, state and local professional and service organization events.
- Recruit and develop high character student-athletes that positively impact NSU, the Aberdeen community and this region.
- Develop and manage ongoing alumni communication and fundraising activities in conjunction with the NSU Foundation and Athletics Administration.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, NSIC, and institutional rules.
- A commitment to excellence in coaching and community relations is expected, as coaches represent the Department of Athletics and the university in its overall promotion and public relations efforts
NSU has a strong tradition of success in football with over 570 wins in program history. NSU is looking for a dynamic leader who can elevate this program to consistently compete for conference championships and NCAA Division II playoff opportunities. NSU will break ground on the finest football stadium in the NSIC and one of the best in all of Division II in the spring of 2020. The $33 million project will include Dacotah Bank Stadium and Koehler Hall of Fame Softball Field and is the final piece of the $55 million Educational Impact Campaign.
Northern State University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Northern State University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At NSU, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
Notice to all applicants: If you are selected as a finalist, job references and a background check may be conducted.