- Position Type:
2150 Athletics|Coaches/2150 Athletic Coach
- Date Posted:
Mayville North Dakota
- Closing Date:
Mayville State University
- Position Type:
- Head Football Coach
- Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans
Who can apply:
- Internal/external candidates eligible to work in the United States.
- A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Mayville State University is a member of the NAIA and the North Star Athletic Association is accepting applications for the position of Head Football Coach. This position is a fulltime, 11-month assignment reporting to the Athletic Director. Responsibilities include leadership and management of all aspects of a college football program including coaching, recruitment and retention of student athletes, scheduling, budget management, managing of a scholarship budget, travel arrangements, equipment purchase and supervision of assistant coaches. The Head Football Coach will be expected to assist with other department activities as directed by the Athletic Director.
- Ability to effectively, professionally and tactfully interact and communicate with students, faculty, and staff
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to provide winning results with student athletes, both on and off the field
- Ability to supervise and coordinate efforts of assistant coaches
- Leadership skills, professionalism, and an ability to make sound administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Experience working in a self-directed, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Plan of completion of Master’s Degree
- 5 years of experience coaching high school/college football
- Experience as head football coach or offensive/defensive coordinator
- College coaching experience
- Head coaching experience
- Experience monitoring academic performance of student athletes
- Experience in managing an operation budget
- Experience in managing a scholarship budget
- Fundraising experience
- Knowledge of NAIA rules, regulations and eligibility requirements.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment and techniques, including NAIA and North Star conference regulations and guidelines governing recruitment and retention of student-athletes
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FULLY:
- A letter of application
- A current resume
- MaSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. ND veteran's preference laws apply to this position. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability.
- The state of North Dakota has an open records law; therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.
- ND Relay: http://www.relaynorthdakota.com/