Under general supervision plans, organizes, and presents instruction and instructional environments which help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development. This is a dual role requiring a balance between coaching responsibilities and teaching physical education classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct and lead physical education classes, ensuring a well-rounded curriculum that promotes physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship which aligns with school/district & state curriculum requirements.
- Evaluate the growth of students, maintain appropriate records, and communicate with parents through a variety of means.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive high school football program, including planning and conducting regular practices, managing game strategies, and fostering a positive team culture.
- Provide skill development sessions for football players, focusing on individual and team improvement.
- Monitor and assess student-athletes' academic progress, fostering a balance between academics and athletics.
- Collaborate with school administrators, parents, and staff to create a supportive and inclusive environment for student-athletes.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree including all courses to meet credential requirements.
- Valid North Carolina license in the grade levels and areas assigned.