To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. Students shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self discipline and self confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches and drills fundamental skills and up-to-date safe techniques of tackling.
- Instills good sportsmanship and team unity.
- Organizes practices in preparation for games.
- Ensures that proper storage, maintenance and inventory of all athletic equipment and uniforms is adhered to. Issues and fits gear to students.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with fellow staff members, students and parents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; run; jump; stretch; stand; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The employee may occasionally climb stairs or ladders.
Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by Colton School District regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.