Responsibilities & Duties:
- Instruct athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedule and conduct practices according to agreed upon schedules.
- Supervise athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete is picked up, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervise athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promote the entire Burlington Athletics program.
- Set an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to student athletes.
- Assist the athletic director to ensure that lists of all players eligible for athletic contests are prepared and maintained under rules of Burlington High School.
Burlington Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Burlington Community School District ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Burlington Community School District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.