- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in boys’ basketball.
- Coordinate the development, promotion and recruitment for the Basketball Program to include working directly with the intramural program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the basketball program as well as other sports programs.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensure all boys’ basketball coaches work together toward a common goal within the basketball program and provide unity within the youth community programs.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- No experience required.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.
West Side School District/Cleburne County is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.