- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by the assistant coaches.
- Trains and informs assistant coaches, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic and workshop attendance.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Performs such other staff duties which may be assigned by the Athletic Director/Principal.
- Is responsible for and must monitor student safety at all times.
- Teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Proof of competency in first aid.
- Certificate of completion of a class in CPR, preferred
- Course work in the prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Course, workshop, clinic in the specified sport, or one season or verified internship under an experienced head coach.
- All qualifications being equal, preference will be given to current faculty members.
Woonsocket Education Department is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.