Durango School District 9-R is accepting applications for a Head Girls Basketball Coach for the 2023/2024 school year. The season begins November 2023 and runs through March 2024.
- Supervision, mentoring, and assisting in the evaluation of assistant coaches;
- Administration of budget;
- Team supervision and discipline;
- Care and inventory of uniforms and equipment;
- Care of facilities;
- Effective communication with school administration, players and parents;
- Involvement with middle school and community based programs;
- Practice and competition planning.
- Valid CHSAA Certification, or Colorado Teaching Certificate/License;
- Fundamental knowledge of basketball;
- Experience working with related school aged athletes/students;
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff;
- Current medical injury treatment course work.
Durango School District 9-R is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.