The job of Head Coach is done for the purpose/s of designing and implementing the athletic program for assigned sport(s) in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; providing supervision of other coaching personnel; providing supervision of students during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving in a liaison capacity for the school and program with other schools both within and/or outside the district, to the community, and to various organizations.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to their role.
- Conducts a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants’ accomplishments.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Develops game strategies/plans (e.g. analyzes opponent strengths and weaknesses, analyzing athlete abilities, creating plays/strategies, etc.) for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
Paradise Valley Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.