To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formation of moral values, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, self-confidence and an appreciation of the sport.
- Has the ability to organize, supervise and provide leadership for the entire cross country program, including leading school teams grades 7-12 as well as collaborating with community education & recreation programs within the framework of the total athletic program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in track and field - preferably as a head coach of a high school or club team.
- The Head Coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must be able to coordinate, plan, evaluate and implement their program.
- Certified in MHSAA CAP Level 1 or Level 2, or the ability to have it completed by August 7, 2023.
- An ability to follow the expectations as outlined by the MHSAA, the SEC, and Saline Area Schools.
- Create, plan, and teach fundamentals of the sport to a diverse student population.
- Effectively and consistently communicate and interact with students, parents, staff, and community, while enthusiastically demonstrating and modeling good sportsmanship.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of student athletes.
- Maintain a positive and respectful team culture.
- Commitment to develop and condition student athletes, in and out of season per MHSAA regulations.
- Ability to build and maintain an atmosphere of fun and mutual respect.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.