To facilitate the teaching and learning process within a positive learning environment (in-person, distance and/or virtual) so that students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for them to become responsible, contributing adults in a democratic society.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Enhance the academic growth of students through the use of effective teaching practices as utilized in the instructional model.
- Guide the learning process towards the achievement of curriculum goals by establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects.
- Employ the instructional methods and resources that are most appropriate for meeting state objectives.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the location and at the time designated.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Diagnose the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Valid Texas teacher certificate or teaching certificate from out of state appropriate for position.
- Must meet requirements under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) for highly qualified teachers.