Key points of the job description for a Varsity Head Coach:
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Direct a successful grade 9-12 program and oversee all facets of an entire community youth program.
- 3 years of High School coaching experience
- Be a role model for high school student-athletes.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports by encouraging student-athletes to compete in other programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season program.
The Head Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all aspects of the high school program including training, practice schedules and routines.
- Hire and oversee a staff of assistant coaches
- Provide regular communication with parents/families
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary supports to ensure their academic eligibility.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports and encourage athletes to compete in other programs.
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning. PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion; age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability; or military service.