Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strong leadership for assistants and athletes in the program.
- Advises the activities director and recommends policy, method or procedural changes.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, providing transportation, and requirements for tournaments and special sport events.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Maintain discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of over-all program.
- Trains and informs staff and encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments and results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Teaching license. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Coaching license.
- Valid Driver’s license and Insurance.
- Ability to drive from site to site as needed.