Serve as Head Coach of a middle high school athletic team following Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) and Poudre School District guidelines; responsible for all aspects of the program including specific techniques, patterns, offenses, defenses and philosophy of the sport. Coordinate assistant coaches, volunteers, practices and other administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and games.
- Communicate to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct administrative responsibilities including inventory and security of equipment and supplies, budget, transportation, tracking eligibility and academic progress of student athletes, etc.
- Follow all Poudre School District guidelines.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required before coaching assignment begins.
- Complete required trainings upon hire: Concussion, Blood Borne Pathogens, Child Abuse and Reporting, and Sexual Harassment.