- Certified Coaching Endorsement or Authorization.
- Demonstrate aptitude for performing tasks listed.
- Must exhibit ethical practices, and be a role model to students.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Formulates weightlifting programming for the various lifting seasons as they would pertain to in-season and off-season athletes.
- Keep abreast of new programs, techniques and philosophies concerning strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Maintains inventory, selection and care for appropriate equipment.
- Assumes supervisory role over assistant coaches, supervisors and all student athletes in the field of strength and conditioning.
- Organizes and schedules all sessions to maximize shared space and student athlete productivity.
- Apply rules, regulations and appropriate discipline fairly and in a positive manner
- Supervises weight room/ locker room facilities ensuring appropriate care, clean-up and security.
- Recommends improvements to programming, facilities and equipment to the Activities Director.
- Maintains records of attendance, strength advancement, lifting records and other individual accomplishments of student athletes making information available to respective coaching staff.
- Provides primary weight room facility supervision for a minimum of two lifting seasons and be in attendance for no less than 500 hours total supervision time per calendar year.
- Evaluate performance of assistant strength coaching staff and weight room supervisor.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.