The Head Girls Golf Coach will lead and organize the high school Girls Golf program. Lead in establishing an environment in which student athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image. Directs the promotion of sportsmanship, program equity and inclusion, a winning attitude and commitment to student academic success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise organization of practice sessions during the regulated season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, and support programs.
- Assists the Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assists Athletic Director in contest scheduling when needed.
- Responsible to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Responsible to attend monthly HRCSD Coach meetings led by the Athletic Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College Degree preferred.
- Previous experience coaching youth, middle school or high school golf.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish helpful.