The Head Coach is directly responsible for the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities to the Supervisor of Extra-Curricular & Athletics and ultimately to the Principal.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works with the Supervisor of Extra-Curricular & Athletics in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Prepares annual budget for equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- Maintains necessary rosters, inventories, and similar paperwork.
- Ensures the safety conditions of the facility or area in which their assigned sport is conducted.
- Keeps abreast of current sport knowledge and coaching techniques in designated sport and of the governing policies, rules, regulations, procedures, and eligibility requirements of the District.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Provides the Supervisor of Extra-Curricular & Athletics with information that will help in the evaluation of his/her assistant coaches.
- BS/BA Degree (Note: In very special and unusual situations, the County Substitute requirement may suffice.)
- Sufficient experience in participation or related activities to acquire basic skills and techniques of the activity.
- Valid New Jersey teaching certificate. Valid County Substitute Certificate may be used under emergency provisions.