REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Promote sports in the schools and community.
- Plan the assigned athletic program.
- Organize and supervise practices.
- Teach individual fundamental skills, team play, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Teach good sportsmanship and self-control.
- Check eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Provide students a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conduct learning experiences, with small groups of student athletes.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: a high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate, a minimum of 64 semester hours from an accredited college or university and one year of experience coaching in a school athletic program.