Working knowledge of the game of soccer that will allow growth for the student- athlete and the overall program for Douglas High School. Applicants need to demonstrate, model and teach strong work ethic, provide academic support, be a team and individual character builder, demonstrate organization skills in practice planning and communicate effectively with players, coaches, parents and school administration.
Key Emphasis of the job description for a Varsity Head Coach:
- Build successful soccer program and oversee all facets of the soccer program.
- Be a role model for high school student athletes.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports by encouraging athletes to compete in spring and winter athletic programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season/summer program.
- Monitor the academic progress and school attendance of the soccer players.
- Lead soccer coaches and players in the support of other Douglas High School teams and events during season.
- Be a team player among all coaches in the athletic program.
- NFHS Certification.
- First Aid Card (CPR and AED trained).
- District fingerprinting /Criminal check & Drug Screen.
- Completion of all OSAA Certifications.
- Completion of ODE Steroid Test.