This job assignment is accountable for instructing student athletes in a specific sports activity and providing leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, and appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Required - High School Diploma.
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Required - Two (2) years of successful coaching experience in the specific sport and working with a diverse population.
- Preferred - Two (2) years of prior experience coaching in the specific sport and with a diverse student population in an urban school setting.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Athletic Director, when necessary, in scheduling contests and transportation where applicable;
- Assumes primary responsibility for field or court preparation;
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for successful performance;
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students;
- Ensures appropriate dress at practices and events;
- Ensures practice and repetition of fundamentals;
- Ensures proper care of equipment;
- Ensures proper organization of practices and drills;
- Ensures that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.