The Head Coach will work under the supervision of the Athletic Director in accordance with District and Building’s mission and vision. The Head Coach oversees the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships. The Head Coach maintains open and honest communication with students, parents, coaches and administrators.
- Provide age and skill-appropriate training and instruction and coaching to students for the purpose of developing student skills, abilities, attitudes, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Teach rules and safety and provide a variety of guidance, instruction and experiences to enhance students’ personal, physical, social and emotional development
- Promote student participants in all sports and the value of being a multi-sport athlete in a positive manner.
- Supervise student behavior, correct behavior and maintain discipline consistent with WIAA regulations and district/building policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling sport-related events including coaching meetings, practices and games; and logistics related to the sport including transportation and parent meetings.
- Ensure the safety and well being of student athletes. Provide first aid to injured or ill students and/or refer to appropriate staff as applicable as appropriate.
- Knowledge of the specific sport, its rules, required skills and abilities, coaching techniques, game strategy, and student development.
- Skill and ability to develop and instruct student athletes, and to apply effective game strategy.
- Skill and ability to motivate students, and to impart sportsmanship, teamwork, and self esteem.
- Skill and ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Skill and ability to develop teamwork and collaboration of various stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.