The Head Girls Soccer Coach will oversee the entire West HS Girls Soccer Program and instruct the varsity high school girls soccer team. The Head Coach is responsible for helping each student-athlete gain success by reaching their full potential in the classroom and on the field.
- Competitive playing experience in soccer at the high school level.
- Previous successful soccer coaching experience with preference to coaches with prior successful experience as a varsity head soccer coach.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of contemporary high school and college soccer offensive, defensive, and off-season training systems.
- Commitment to year-round personnel skill enhancement, strength training, and program improvement.
- Successful experience providing positive motivation and development of student-athletes; including year-round monitoring of their conduct, behavior, and academic performance.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain open, positive communication with coaching staff, student-athletes, parents, and appropriate sub-varsity and youth soccer program coaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional progressions of high school and college soccer techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze opponent tendencies (scouting) and to design responsive strategies (game planning).
- Valid teaching license.
- College playing experience.
- College coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement a soccer program in a high school setting.