- Teaching certificate and Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certified by Missouri State High School Activities Association.
- Experience in the sport, as well as knowledge of MSHSAA High School Baseball/Softball.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Three years as a Head Baseball/Softball Coach at high school or college level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activates/exercise.
- Assesses player’s skills; monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines game strategy.
- Supervise assistant coaches.
- Supervise athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of the athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibly for its security.
- Adhere to financial policies in regards to collection and disbursements of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Organize, maintains and instructs in the weight room.