ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compete with a full team in a complete varsity schedule (according to MSHSAA standards).
- Implement and enforce athletic standards as outlined in the MSHSAA Handbook and attend all MSHSAA required sessions for head coaches and District professional development meetings.
- Responsible for student supervision at practices and contests in accordance with KCMSD Athletic Department.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and inventory being used. Inspect all athletic equipment and facilities (verify inventory) and submit documentation to Athletic Director/Principal.
- Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship .
- Must possess a four-year college degree and be contracted by the KCMSD Board of Education for the school year as a full or part time teacher or 1-3 years of coaching experience.
- Knowledge of particular sport (philosophy & coaching)
- Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and working knowledge of all collegiate eligibility center regulations.