To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Enforces criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- All supervisory responsibilities must be fulfilled. In particular, students must be supervised at all times.
- Ability to read, interpret directions, write reports and communicate effectively with students, parents and other staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and perform any math functions associated with the position and provides budget input when requested.
- Ability to apply common sense and deal with problems in a practical and reasonable manner.
- Ability to apply basic computer knowledge to the activity at hand.
- Ability to perform duties with all district and Board of Education guidelines and policies in mind.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the activity.