Tipton Community Schools is seeking candidates to fill the position of Head Girls Swimming Coach for the 2023-24 school year. A successful history of coaching experience is preferred but not necessary.
Ideal candidates must be able to:
- Plan, organize, and direct the swimming program.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Prepare and administer the swimming program budget.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain a regular schedule of in-season practices.
- Teach the fundamentals of swimming in a manner that provides opportunities for all students to learn and improve.
- Evaluate individual and team performance.
- Order equipment needed for the swim program within the athletic budget and recommend to the administration improvements in facilities, equipment, etc.
- Provide supervision of students at all times at practices, games, and on school transportation.
- Model good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior at all times.
- Develop communication with parents, students, coaches, and administration.