The Head Coach must demonstrate an ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with the entire school community and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. The Head Coach will have a record of proven success as teacher and coach of the sport.
- Valid Type 03, 09 or 10 Illinois State Teaching Certificate or ASEP or NFHS Certification.
- Knowledge of the sport.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- Directs and assumes general responsibility for the total tennis program.
- Demonstrates supervisory and organizational skills associated with the implementation of a quality program.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Demonstrates strong public relations skills.
- Motivates fellow coaches and student athletes by example.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and conducts a tennis program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game.