The Head Girls Tennis Coach will work under the supervision of the Ames High Athletics Director. The Head Girls Tennis Coach must realize and appreciate the need to be a leader of the Ames High Athletics Department and be visible in the Ames Community promoting the sport of tennis.
- Manages and supervises matches and practice sessions that promotes safe techniques, individual growth, teamwork, discipline, respect and superior sportsmanship.
- Helps develop and foster youth tennis in the Ames Community.
- Develops an off-season training plan per the IGHSAU rules to challenge our tennis student-athletes to improve their skills in the game of tennis.
- Holds organizational meetings with tennis staff and students as needed to effectively communicate the vision of Ames High Girls Tennis.
- Oversees program fundraisers that are compliant in nature and benefit the entire Ames High Tennis program.
- Works with other members of the teaching staff to hold student-athletes accountable academically while monitoring their citizenship in the building and publicly.
- Monitors and enforces code of conduct and eligibility expectations at all times.
- Educates and monitors student-athletes in preventing them from engaging in hazing or bullying type behavior.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & LICENSURE:
- Experience coaching tennis at the high school level preferred.
- State of Iowa coaching endorsement required.
- Annual concussion certification required.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.