The Coach will work with applicable directors to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to students while fostering a culture of academic excellence. Further, the Coach will help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic completion in the coach’s sport.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Valid Missouri teacher certificate.
- Employment as a teacher in the Jefferson City School District.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may deem appropriate.