The Head Girls Tennis Coach will work under the supervision of the Ames High Athletics Director. The Head Girls Tennis Coach must realize and appreciate the need to be a leader of the Ames High Athletics Department and be visible in the Ames Community promoting the sport of tennis.
- Manages and supervises matches and practice sessions that promotes safe techniques, individual growth, teamwork, discipline, respect and superior sportsmanship.
- Helps develop and foster youth tennis in the Ames Community.
- Develops an off-season training plan per the IGHSAU rules to challenge our tennis student-athletes to improve their skills in the game of tennis.
- Holds organizational meetings with tennis staff and students as needed to effectively communicate the vision of Ames High Girls Tennis.
- Oversees program fundraisers that are compliant in nature and benefit the entire Ames High Tennis program.
- Works with other members of the teaching staff to hold student-athletes accountable academically while monitoring their citizenship in the building and publicly.
- Monitors and enforces code of conduct and eligibility expectations at all times.
- Educates and monitors student-athletes in preventing them from engaging in hazing or bullying type behavior.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & LICENSURE:
- Experience coaching tennis at the high school level preferred.
- State of Iowa coaching endorsement required.
- Annual concussion certification required.
- Ability to pass a background check required.