Milton Academy is in search of a Head Girls Track Coach for the 2023-2024 spring season. The track and field program competes in the Independent School League (ISL) and is a member of the New England Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC). The program has a tradition of excellence and has competed at the highest of levels. The head coach is flexible, enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible while overseeing the entire girls’ track and field program at Milton Academy.
- Direct entire track and field program and comply with the institution, NEPSAC, and ISL protocols.
- Maintain athletic rosters. It is the coach’s responsibility to check attendance, note discrepancies and report any changes to the athletic department.
- Design and implement practice plans for team along with assistance from assistant coaches.
- Coaches are required to submitting comments for all students to be included in grade reports following the conclusion of the season.
- Recruit and retain prospective students for the program.
- Recruit and retain potential coaches for the program.
- Oversee and mentor assistant coaches.
- Be able to collaborate with the Boys Track and Field Head coach on facilities, practices, and the administration of hosting home meets.
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience at either at a high school or college level and proven success at either level
- Must demonstrate sportsmanship and role modeling behavior with athletes
- Must show cooperative behavior, calm, and have a composed demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.