The Head Girls Track Coach will work under the supervision of the Ames High Athletics Director. The Head Girls Track Coach must realize and appreciate the need to be a leader of the Ames High Athletics Department and be visible in the Ames Community promoting the sport of track.
- Helps develop and foster youth track in the Ames Community.
- Develops an off-season training plan per the IGHSAU rules to challenge our student-athletes to improve their skills in the sport of track.
- Holds organizational meetings with track staff and students as needed to effectively communicate the vision of Ames High Girls Track.
- Oversees program fundraisers that are compliant in nature and benefit the entire Ames High Track program.
- Works with other members of the teaching staff to hold student-athletes accountable academically while monitoring their citizenship in the building and publicly.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Knowledge of track and field is expected.
- Extensive knowledge of current track coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of the IGHSAU rules and expectations for the sport of track.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes.
- Utilization of technology is required.
- Effective communication in spoken and written words to all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.