Head Coach - Middle School is performed for the purpose of assisting with the design and implementation of an activities program in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in assisting the program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving as the liaison between the school and program and other schools both within and/or outside the district, the community and various organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Analyzes and assesses opposition's strategies and strengths/weaknesses for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on his/her individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
- Attends a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Collaborates with other coaching staff (e.g. instructional techniques, organizations of practice, supervision guidelines and responsibilities, etc.) for the purpose of developing the program at all levels.
- Develops game strategies/plans for the purpose of preparing the team and individual student athletes for the competition.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing and improving student athlete’s performance.
- Evaluates facility and playing field for potential hazards, inadequate equipment, etc. for the purpose of implementing modifications or recommendations that would reduce the risk of injury.
- Instructs student athletes for the purpose of promoting individual growth in athletic skills, rules, teamwork, and sportsmanship.