St. Gerard Catholic High School and Regional Middle School is looking for quality coaches that will go above and beyond expectations to further the mission and vision of the school. Our coaches truly believe in teaching the whole child and always have students as their number one priority. Candidates should work well with colleagues and have no problem working with the current leadership team. We look forward to working with excited, spiritually robust, and professional coaches to become a part of the Royal Family. Learn more about our school at www.stgerardsa.org.
Job summary: Coach fulfills the mission of our Catholic mission by assisting in administering the program in a particular sport that adequately prepares the student-athlete for interscholastic competition.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school and the Archdiocese
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters
- Models professional conduct and sportsmanship while instilling these characteristics within team members
- Schedules practices and games in consultation with the athletic director
- Monitors physical condition and fitness of participants and reports injuries to parents and school officials
- Continually monitors and supervises all activities of the participants at all practices, games, and other team events
- Teaches essential safety skills and strategies to student-athletes; monitors safety compliance
- Follows school and archdiocesan policies regarding safety guidelines
- Communicates with the athletic director regarding the need for early dismissals, field, and gym use
- Ensures that emergency contact information is available at practices and games
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits
- Maintains a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students and staff
- Able to instruct athletes about proper strategy, skills, and rules of the game
- Able to motivate student-athletes to perform optimally as an individual athlete and team member
- Able to implement the school provided athletic formation program with all coaches and athletes.
- Uses approved, corrective, and positive discipline procedures in dealing with inappropriate student conduct
- Expertise, knowledge, and competency in fundamentals of the sport
- Skill in motivating and engaging student-athletes
- Required to lift or carry athletic equipment and supplies
- Required to maintain composure and avoid inappropriate displays of anger
- High School or equivalent for coaching; any teaching assignments require a college degree in subject area
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training
- Previous high school coaching experience preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer.