The head girls volleyball coach position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student-athletes and assistant coaches within our program. The head coach will instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to reach a degree of individual and team success.
- Coordinates the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes within the program.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end analyzes effectiveness of the season.
- Verify that all student athletes have all forms and paperwork turned into the athletic trainers office before athletes are allowed to try out, and participate.
- Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Develop and organize effective practices for athletes that teach the skills and strategies needed to compete at the high school level.
- Communicate throughout the season to make sure athletes and parents are aware of practice times and game times.
- Demonstrates and generates a positive attitude, and one of good sportsmanship by adhering to the mission and values set forth by the Village School.
- Previous volleyball, coaching experience (club, high school, collegiate preferred).
- Demonstrates proficiency in instruction and sound understanding of technical aspects of the sport.
- NFHS fundamentals of coaching, concussion training, sudden, cardiac arrest training, first aid/CPR training completed that will be assigned by our athletic trainer.
- Teaching positions may be available.
- Bachelor’s degree of higher education.