- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid, current Nebraska teaching certificate.
- Previous teaching and head coaching experience preferred.
- First aid and CPR certified.
- Knowledge of conference rules and regulations.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Activities Director finds appropriate.
- Oversees 7-12 program development.
- In conjunction with the Senior High and Junior High athletic directors, oversees program staffing.
- Consistent and punctual “on site” attendance at the worksite.
- Interacts thoughtfully and respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and community members.
- Reinforces strong academic accountability and the importance of education.
- Practices positive communication strategies.
- Teaches fundamental skills and develops advanced skills.
- Develops positive personality traits, such as self-esteem, confidence, punctuality and loyalty.
- Communicates and enforces expectations regarding student conduct and eligibility guidelines.
- Schedules and leads informational parent meetings.
It is the policy of Norfolk Public Schools to not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in its educational programs, admission policies, employment policies or other administered programs.