- Organizing, conducting, and evaluating daily practices
- Maintaining, inventory and periodic safety checks of equipment, supplies, and facilities in his/her care.
- Supervising locker rooms and facilities until all students leave.
- Assuring necessary medical attention while working with Trainer on prevention and rehabilitation programs.
- Determining the needs of his/her program for budgeting.
- Attending all necessary conference meetings (if applicable).
- Attending all required Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and/or Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU) meetings and submission of all required IHSAA/IGHSAU paperwork.
- Arranging the end of season banquet (encouraged).
- Scouting (if warrants).
- Assisting the Booster Club with needs specific to his/her activity.
Must possess a Coaching Endorsement or Coaching Authorization as mandated by the Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Board of Educational Examiners, Iowa High School Athletic Association, and Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran.