Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
1. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
2. Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
3. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
4. Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
5. Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
6. Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
Some experience as a head golf coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be performed away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.