Under the direction of the assigned athletic administrator, it is the responsibility of the Head Coach to lead a successful NAIA men’s and women’s golf program at Oregon Tech. This candidate will manage the resources provided by the University which support the essential components of the program and will be actively involved in fundraising to enhance resources for the program. The athletic programs are the front porch of the institution and it is paramount that the Head Coach operates her/his program in a manner that is representative of Oregon Tech Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) years coaching experience in Collegiate Golf or four (4) years High School Head Coaching or Club Experience.
- Experience with NAIA/Cascade Conference rules/regulations, Eligibility and scheduling.
- Maintain current certification in first aid (CPR, AED) use.
- Valid, insurable driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree in sports related area and/or Business Management.
- Ability to drive a 12 passenger van.
- Ability to travel, rent vehicles, drive in large cities and fly in commercial aircraft with groups of students.
- Ability to supervise assistant coaches and student workers.
- Exceptional leadership and organizational ability with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Strong communication skills to convey clear meaning to a diverse audience.
- Successful plan and/or coaching experience at the collegiate and/or professional level.