Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Head Golf Coach will serve as a leader of a program that competes in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as part of the NAIA. The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing, directing and administering a competitive golf program in the KCAC and NAIA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of the golf program and all athletes associated with the program, including academic success;
- Design and implementation of effective practice and tournament plans;
- Direct and independent coaching and skills development of student-athletes during practice and tournaments;
- Assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Supervising off-season programs, scouting reports and player development.
- Previous competitive golf coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include head coaching.
- Experience managing a coaching staff and team members effectively.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate golf.
- Skill preparing, monitoring and maintaining budgets.