The University of Maine at Augusta is seeking applicants for the position of Head Golf Coach. This is a part-time, temporary position from July 1 through October 31 each year. The salary for this position is $2,000. Continuation is based on university needs and funding.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coaching co-ed varsity golf which includes supervising practices and matches.
- Actively recruiting student athletes and recommending candidates for scholarships to the Athletic Director.
- Transporting players and support staff to matches.
- Actively monitoring the academic progress of student athletes; supporting their academic success by engaging them in weekly study halls during the season; facilitating referrals to other student support resources.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety protocols and departmental and University policies.
- Maintaining flexibility in a work schedule that may include days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Submitting the names of team members to Athletic Director for eligibility review.
- Reporting statistics to the Athletic Director/designee.
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to recruit student athletes.
- Ability to organize and supervise students.
- Ability to teach golf and make it a positive educational experience.
- Demonstrated golf playing and coaching experience.
- Valid driver's license.