- All coaches must have demonstrated ability to develop and manage athletic activities sanctioned by VHSL.
- Preference shall be given to licensed teachers.
- Bilingual skills to include Spanish are a plus.
- Responsible for the coaching activities sanctioned by the Virginia High School League, as considered appropriate.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport.
- Assists in the selection, assignment and evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Works in collaboration and cooperation with the student activities director and other personnel in recommending the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Oversees or helps oversee maintenance, safety and cleanliness of uniforms, equipment, supplies and the facility or area to be used.
- Adheres to all VHSL policies and procedures as well as regulations imposed by the RPS division.