To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practices, meetings, fundraisers, in-school events, and supervise students during related trips and other out-of-school functions (including supervision on the bus)
- Actively promote the athletic program and seek student participation
- Model positive behavior, maintain a supportive environment, and remain professional, even when tension is high
- Maintain high standards of conduct for student athletes, including respect and fair play
- Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
- Organize practice schedules and game rosters
- Select team members, assign positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in this sport.
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets for players and team.
- Ensure all equipment is properly stored, maintained and used correctly according to all and any safety regulations.
- Idaho Teaching Certification or National Federation of State High School Associations Fundamentals of Coaching Certification.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, St. Luke’s Concussion, Mental Health in the Student Athlete.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sport, sports training, conditioning, injury prevention, kinesiology, management, and the rules of the Idaho High School Activities Association Handbook.
- Related experience as determined by the Board.
- Ability to foster and sustain students' interest in the activity and promote skill development.
- Possess good organizational skills.